Sunday, September 05, 2010

Canine allergies - can drive a family bonkers!

I am desperate to find help for our Ruby, she is a 6 year old, golden/lab mix - her allergies are over the top every summer.  The licking is excessive - making her crazy as well as the rest of the family.  This year it was not just her inner thigh area, as in past, but the pads on her feet up to her first knuckle.  Poor thing can't help herself.

Her days are spent mostly in her e-collar to mitigate any further issues of her hurting herself.  This is something she should not have to endure!  She is so uncomfortable she is licking the air at times.  I can't fathom what she is feeling. The antibiotics and prednisone that the vet recommended this year was just a temporary patch, we even tried two rounds this time.  As we all know prednisone has really bad side effects.  I don't want to do this anymore, there has to be something that can help her naturally.   So I ordered some immune boosting vitamins for her.  I really, really, really hope they work!!  The product I order is NuVet Plus... if anyone has tried this, I've very much appreciate the feedback.

No comments: