Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mother Earth News Fair - September 25-26

The Mother Earth News Fair (MENF) far exceeded any possible expectation that I could have had.  

We made it to 7 Springs Resort around 11:30 and the extended parking lots were quickly filling.  The MENF had set ups outside of the resort as well as two levels inside.  We were very fortunate that Mother Nature cooperated - it was a beautiful warm fall day in the mountains.  Between the vendors, music, demonstrations and panel discussions - it was hard to pick which way to go next (at least it was for me).

There was a large turn out of visitors as well as vendors. I was like a kid in a candy store.  I've heard that MEN is planning other events elsewhere in the country and I do hope that this will be the start of an annual event in this area.  MEN is sponsoring a "Green Home" at the resort, so I would suspect that we will be seeing another MENF next year.  Kudos to the volunteers, MEN staff, vendors, supporters, resort staff for making this a viable event - actions speak louder then words: People want change!

Thank you Mother Earth News!

No comments: